We pride ourselves on our trade, and thus have some rules, terms and conditions for our farm.
2014 HUNTING SEASON: General Conditions of Sale Daily Tariff:
Professional Hunters & Hunting Crews:
Our team of dedicated, licensed and highly experienced Professional Hunters, Trackers and Skinners, will guide you, assist you in every way possible to guarantee a fantastic hunting safari . Together, the team has guided clients all around Africa as well as Europe andAustralasia .
We utilize a fleet of well maintained, fully equipped 4×4 hunting and utility vehicles.Our vehicles all have radio communication to keep in contact with the camp and each other . We have in the past also ulized our heavy duty equipment in the recover of the larger species .
We operate in conjunction with a top tier taxidermy that has undertaking to prioritize all Rietpoort Cape hunt Safaris clientele . Karoo Animal Art Studio’s expert staff will ensure that your valuable trophies are expertly handled, mounted, crated and exported safely to your final destination of choice. The taxidermy is fully licenced and compliant with all EU and international shipping / export criteria .
Daily Tariff includes:
* Accommodation, meals, and all beverages
* The exclusive use of the Reserve and the Lodge
* The use of the airfield on the Reserve to land and take off.
* Services of PH, hunting vehicle, skinner, all staff.
* On site Taxidermy field preparation of trophies and transport to the taxidermist
* Laundry services.
* Hunting license.
* If necessary, transport to and from Cape Town or Beaufort West airport to the hunting area .
Daily Tariff does not include:
* Hotel and other costs before/after hunt.
* Airfares, air charters or car hire.
* Taxidermy, dipping and packing and trophy shipping charges.
* Gratuities, at your discretion
Overnight Accommodation in Cape Town :
We can assist and advise you on the right accommodation prior and post safari depending on your requirements and needs . Cape Town’s diverse tourist attractions and fantastic cuisine makes a fine start or finish to your hunting experience .
Rifles, Ammunition and scope
Rifle: By law a minimum calibre of .375 is to be used to hunt any of the Big 5(Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant). A .375 is also a very versatile calibre and can be used on every plains game species as well ~ very good soft nose ammunition is always recommended, but especially on Big Five species.
As recommendation for all plains game species, calibers such as .300 Win mag, 338, 7mm, 30-06 and the like are best suited for African antelope.
Ammunition: Choice of bullet should be swift-A Frame, Woodleigh, Barnes X, Nosler partition or Hornady soft nose.
Scope: Choose a good quality variable scope to use on your rifle, as a suggestion 3×9 power is sufficient in Leupold/Zeiss make.
Bring the rifle that you shoot best. We as Professional Hunters prefer good shot placement over and above any high power firearms
We strongly recommend that all our hunters use the pre-arranged firearm import service that PHASA (Professional Hunting association of South Africa). Contact them to help you through the process step by step- we can also assist you in competing the necessary information . If you decide not to bring your own firearms, then we have firearms available that you can rent from us. The pre-arranged permit fees are $150-00 . Let us know and we will facilitate the paper work through PHASA .
Mar – Apr highs of 90 °F and lows of 60 °F
May highs of 80 °F and lows of 50 °F
Jun - Aug highs of 65 °F and lows of 40 °F
Sept highs of 90 °F and lows of 60 °F
Clothes to pack
• 3 pairs of hunting long pants, 3 pairs of shorts, 4 bush shirts
• Down jackets, jersey, and windbreaker
• 2 pair comfortable hunting boots, 4pairs woollen socks
• Bush hat, or caps ,gloves and light weight rain coat
• Comfortable sweatpants and T-shirt for relaxing around the camp fire at night
Camouflage colors are permitted in South Africa. If you do not have camouflage clothing then please ensure that your outfits aredark greendull color.
Laundry are done on a daily basis
What to bring
• Binoculars, Camera
• Own 120 volt to 220 volt electric converter or a vehicle plug charger for charging batteries
• International travel adapters for Africa
• Personal toiletries, medicines, sun block, insect repellent and sunglasses
A full first aid kit is available at the camp and qualified doctors are within reach in the likely event of an emergency.
In case of an emergency at home your family can contact our office at +27 21 423 4806 or +27 83 708 2056 (camp mobile ) and we will ensure that we get the message to the camp . Please keep in mind the South African time zone as the office number is active from Monday to Friday 8:00am -17:00pm . Alternatively the camp mobile is a 24 hours contact number .
• Loss of hunting days due to illness, lost or delayed luggage, delayed flights etc are for clients’ account.
• Trophy animals required must be advised prior to hunt and confirmed on Booking Form.
• Hunting by nature carries some risk and while we take every possible precaution and care for the safety of our clients, we cannot accept any liability for any loss, damage, accident, injury or illness, however they may occur. Please ensure that you are fully insured.
• A safari is confirmed when a 50% down payment has been paid. The remaining amount will be paid before the beginning of the hunt. Cancellation will be accepted up to two months prior to start of hunt provided a replacement booking can be found. If not the deposit will be forfeited. Refunds of deposit will be subject to 15% admin fee.
• Trophy and other fees to be paid in full in cash or travellers cheques upon completion of the hunt. Special packages, ” a la carte ” or more personalized, can be arranged depending on the time of the year and the duration of your stay. Please contact us if you wish to arrange for a hunting package.